Caring when it matters most for the people of the Peach State
Georgia Emergency Nurses Association
The Georgia Emergency Nurses Association is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization operating under the umbrella of its parent organization, the Emergency Nurses Association, serving as the voice of over 1,000 members.
The objectives of the Georgia Emergency Nurses Association are as follows:
- To promote the specialty of emergency nursing
- To promote the interests of the association's members and to improve the professional environment of the emergency burse through education and public awareness
- To promote ethical principles as defined in the rganization's Code of Ethics for Emergency Nurses and the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics
- To actively collaborate with other healthcare organizations to improve emergency care
- To be the primary resource for emergency nursing leadership, education and research
- To define standards that serve as a basis for emergency nursing practice
- To develop, disseminate and evaluate emergency nursing education and research
- To encourage interaction and mentorship between emergency nurses
- To identify and disseminate information on key trends affecting and pertinent to emergency nursing
- To serve as an advocate for the public regarding emergency care
The vision of the Georgia Emergency Nurses Association is to promote advocacy, diversity, and excellence in emergency nursing practice.
The Georgia Emergency Nurses Association is a professional member organization recognized internationally for promoting excellence in emergency nursing through leadership, research, education and advocacy.