We are not a Home Owners Association
Greater Aiken Estates Neighborhood Association (GAENA) is a Neighborhood Association. We are a volunteer organization made up of residents who either own or rent a home within the boundaries of Greater Aiken Estates located from Whiskey Road and Silver Bluff on the East to Vivion Drive on the West; Williams Drive on the South and Clark and Legare Roads on the North.
Our organization is comprised of neighbors working together to address community issues such as care and maintenance of entrances and green space. When necessary we work with local officials and utility representatives to inform residents of initiatives that affect our community.
We solicit community membership and organize neighborhood social functions to raise the money necessary to support the annual maintenance costs of common properties. These include entrance signage, landscaping, sprinkler systems, and lighting among others. Unlike an HOA our neighborhood association exists exclusively for the beautification and pride of ownership within our community. We have no legal ability or desire to impose restrictions on residents and their property. Membership is voluntary.
The Association is governed by a Board of Directors which was first elected in March, 2006. Elected members serve two-year terms. Board Meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday at 6:30PM. General Membership Meetings are held in March and September of each year. Operating funds for the Association are derived from membership dues. Funds are used exclusively for the maintenance and beautification of our community. For additional formative information please refer to our organizational bylaws.
We encourage all residents to join your Greater Aiken Estates Neighborhood Association!!
Historically Greater Aiken Estates is comprised of nine registered subdivisions with Aiken County. The first was Aiken Estates established in 1951 and the last Westwood Hills established in 1965. An early account of development plans were featured in Aiken Standard on April 20, 1953. Also, check out our GAENA Document Archive for historical covenants. These are not all inclusive. For more detailed information contact the Register Mesne Conveyance (RMC) office located a:
1930 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801